A change of pace with routine
One of the big changes I’ve made recently is adding routine to my life. I’ve always been one to act on impulse and a bit of a procrastinator. Sure, I get things done but sometimes at the last minute. With a routine, I always know what to do when and what needs to be done now. So I’m going to tell you how and why routine can be your friend, too.
An entrepreneur must know how to best use his time and apply his energy. Whether you work from home, the office, a co-working space, or you have a job, family, etc., routine will help you organize your tasks and priorities.
I now enjoy the benefits of routine – here are some rewards you can reap:
- you’ll have time to devote to yourself, your hobbies, your fulfillment
- there are only so many hours a day and you’ll boost your productivity at any given time
- routine is like a daily workout and you’ll train your body and muscles for maximum output
- doing things on time keeps the people around you happy, and you, in turn, happier
- don’t ever forget the things you have to do again
Look for these barriers – and overcome them!
- it takes energy to build a new routine and it takes time for it to become a habit
- deep down, procrastination is a habit so you have to fight to break it
- life is unpredictable and things are sure to come up, so make some time for dealing with the unforeseen
Now, routine gives me more time and focus. I’m sharp and getting sharper and I look forward to my daily workout. It’s great motivation for an entrepreneur and it produces real results. Give it a try and see for yourself what kind of routine suits you best.
Turn your boring routine into a challenging workout to train and better yourself!